Another year to add onto my life.
27 was okay. I would say I didn’t do anything too exciting, but in hindsight it was pretty good. I got married a month before my 27th birthday and went on my honeymoon. Celebrated friends getting married, sister graduating college, family members getting pregnant, etc. Celebrated Christmas with both our families for the first time. Went wine tasting multiple times. Went snowboarding twice after not going for 2 years (by the second trip I was more comfortable with my skills… almost like riding a bike.). Went to Vegas after a year and a half and saw a fight (Boxing). Bought a new car. Moved to a nicer place. Will start an awesome vacation a week before my birthday.
I’m pretty fortunate to have been able to do all that. I sometimes I think it’s not enough and I’m not as successful as I would hoped or liked, knowing that some of my peer shave done more. But then I remember some people aren’t fortunate enough in the world to do everything they want. “Don’t measure other people’s success as your failure.”
I did have a bucket list for my 27th year. Some of the items I wasn’t able to do so hopefully I can this year. Here’s that list along with additional items I’m adding on for my 28th year of life. I would hate to call this a resolution because I find these are more things I eventually want to do in life rather than things I need to do now. If I don’t do them when I’m 28, I’ll try again when I’m 29.
- Run a 5k
- Run a 10k
- Run a half marathon… more specifically the Napa one
- Get into Yoga (I have a groupon I need to use so hopefully this will solve this)
- Have the stamina to sign up for boot camp classes
- Long weekend trip to Cabo
- Weekend trip to LA
- Weekend trip to San Diego
- Camp at Yosemite
- Girls trip to anywhere
- Go on a cruise
- Take cooking classes
- Take make up classes
- Create some sort of business venture
- Get into stock market – although the economy is tanking again. LOL! So this one may be a good move now or something to ponder some more.
- Blog improvements – website look, network more, write more, be inspired and inspire
- Get into photography for this blog