Peaches. Plums. Strawberries. Raspberries. Blackberries. Watermelons. Tomatoes. Summer fruits. So delicious and so delicious in salads… and I’m not talking about fruit salads (which are delicious). I’m talking about savory salads. That combination of sweet, sour, and salty are HEAVEN. Here are a couple of my faves this summer which you can make an easy vinagrette to pair with them. Olive oil, vinegar of your choice OR citrus of your choice, and s&p. For more flavor, add some herbs like mint, basil, parsley or cilantro. These are my go to’s for when I want something light and refreshing, especially in this summer heat.
- Watermelon, Mint, and Feta. For easy entertaining you could put on skewers and drizzle dressing over the top or make the dressing into a dip.
- Watermelon, Tomato, Basil, and Feta. You could also skewer these as well.
- Tomato, Mozzarella Balls, and Basil. Again, you could make these into skewers.
- Peach or melon and prosciutto.
- Strawberry (or any kind of berry), arugula or spinach, feta, and almonds.
- Peach, prosciutto, mint, feta and tomatoes. PACKED with flavor.
- Cucumber, tomatoes, and feta. If you want it more Greek-esq add some red or green bell pepper.
- Peach and tomato with cilantro.