For lunch, the easiest thing to prepare is a pita pizza. Cut veggies, use leftover marinara sauce or pesto, deli meat… Throw the ingredients on the pita bread, stick in the toaster oven until cheese is melted… DONE! I blogged about making a salad pizza in my rocket post. One of the easy things I prepare for my husband is a BBQ chicken pizza, especially if we have roasted leftover chicken (roasted leftover chicken has so many different possibilities… chicken nachos, banh mi sandwiches, chicken salad, bbq chicken pizza, chopped salad, etc. its great to have in the fridge/freezer).
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
Whole wheat pita or flat bread
BBQ sauce (whatever you have on hand to make ribs or pulled pork)
Hot sauce (if you’d like)
Roasted chicken, chopped or shredded
1 1/2 tbsp onions, chopped
3 tbsp reen bell pepper, chopped
5 grape tomatoes
2 tbsp colby jack or mozzarella cheese
Put pita/flat bread in the toaster oven or oven and toast for 5 minutes (not completely toasted). Doing this holds the sauce and doesn’t make the “crust” soggy.
Meanwhile, heat a saute pan with oil. When oil is hot, place onions into pan and when translucent, place bell peppers. Sautee for 3 minutes. Then add chicken to heat through for 2 minutes.
Spread the bbq sauce and hot sauce over the toasted pita/flat bread. Then place onion/bell pepper /chicken mixture and tomatoes on top of sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top and place in toaster oven/oven until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle the pizza with a bit of chopped cilantro.
- margherita pizza – olive oil or basil oil, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- chicken pesto pizza – pesto, chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese.
- proscuitto pizza – pesto, proscuitto, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese.
- greek pizza – roasted chicken, oregano, tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, feta cheese. and then I place cucumbers on top after cooked.
- pepperoni pizza – pepperoni, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese.
- pepperoni pizza II – pepperoni, feta cheese, tomatoes, oregano.
- bacon cheeseburger – satueed ground beef, chopped cooked bacon, cheddar cheese.
I could go on and on, but really you can do whatever you want. These are just a couple of the ones that I whip up.